Saturday, February 11, 2012

Patience and Flexibility

It has been a couple of weeks since I have posted.  I have been very intent on practicing and succeeding at being flexible and patient.  Although I have practiced relentlessly I have not been completely successful.  Fortunately, I have the most loving family and friends who all have prayed and supported me during what has seemed like an endless wait to head to the other side of the world. 

I am happy to report that the wait is nearly over.  On Wednesday I received word that I HAD indeed received security clearance and that in the next week my visa and e-ticket would arrive.  Excited does not seem to do justice to the feelings I am having.  I feel like a 13 year old girl who just got the shake hands with Justin Beiber at his concert.  Too graphic, sorry!

So, the count down has begun.  I am making my final rounds to all of my friends, calling my favorite aunts for one final phone call and peep talk before leaving.  My Mom decided to throw one last blow out tomorrow for the whole local family.  Now, it's the final push, last repack and checking off of the final departure checklist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment