Sunday, January 22, 2012

Winter vs Winter: Let it snow, Let it snow!

A wonderful weekend in Mifflintown, PA.  OK, OK, I'm still here in the USA!  More on that later.

7" of beautiful light, puffy snow fell Friday night.  Laying on the trees like a bleach white blanket.  Then after my morning cup of Joe is was time to gently move the blanket off the sidewalk, driveway and the cars.  Thank goodness for charitable neighbors with snow blowers.  Then a fabulous day of old movies and dinner out with my brother, sister-in-law and parents.  A great evening of lively conversation and tons of laughs.  That is what I will miss the most.


Quite a contrast of winters don't you think? My current winter reality!
My next winter reality!


Quite a change to get use to.  Hopefully I will start to get use to it sometime in the next week.  I still have not recieved my travel date for Abu Dhabi.  It is just a waiting game at this point.  A colleague posted  a fabulous picture on facebook to give you an idea of how we all feel at the moment about the delay. (Thanks Tammie L H for sharing).

No really.  I am just hoping that it is soon time to head over to the UAE and this adventure can continue.  Inshallah (God willing)!

Today is all about football playoffs.  Yes, New England will win!  GO PATS!!!!! 

Oh no, out of coffee.  Well, I have to get up and start another pot.  So I will wish all of you a wonderful Sunday and keep you up to date as my saga continues.


No comments:

Post a Comment