Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It's all about the shopping!

Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Al Wahda Mall is about 3/4 of a mile from the hotel.  So Monday a bunch of us decided to walk to the mall.  I might have made a different decision have I known how dangerous a walk down the street was in Abu Dhabi.  This danger is not of a criminal nature but of an infastructure nature.  I had been warned that the sidewalks were a tripping hazard and that one of the teachers from the first group fell on the first day and broke her leg.  These should have been my clues to taking a taxi instead of walking but I was feeling strong and had it in me to do.  Less than a quarter of a mile out I decided I needed to lengthen the strap in my purse and down I went.  No scratches, no blood, no torn skin.  But I went down like rock and fell on my purse, which was painful. I got up and moved along with the entire group asking again and again was I alright.  Other than a sore breast I was fine.  So we carried on to the Al Wahda Mall.






Our first stop was the exchange to change all of our money.  Then on to Lu Lu's Hypermarket.  The best I can do to describe this store it to say that it is Target on steroids with the addition of Lowe's.  By size it is 3 times bigger than a SuperWalmart.  We spent three hours in Lu Lu's. I did not make it through the whole store but I got groceries and a couple of abayas. Luckily we took a cab back so there was no walking. 


No comments:

Post a Comment