Friday, February 24, 2012

OUR FIRST DAY IN THE UAE

 
This is the most amazing city. 
Beautiful architecture.
There are 2 mosques right outside my window and I can hear the call to prayer which is incredible. 







Most know English well enough to understand.  I am having so much fun. I meet up with Shannon, Jennifer, Christine, Alicia and Tammie yesterday (WED). We are all just getting to know each other but everyone is really cool. 


Five of us went to dinner last night at the Arabian House Restaurant. It's just two blocks from the hotel. I had Mutton Shwarrma. It is like a gyro. They (2) were really delicous, only they your curly parsley, which we all know should only be used for decoration. The 2 New Zealand girls whose names escape me at the moment has fried fish. One had fries and the other had fried rice. Tammie also had shwarrma and Sharon had salad and veggie soup. They served the most wonderful flat bread and 3 plates of veggie as complimentary starters.  My meal only cost 10 dirhams which was only $2.78 US dollars.  What a bargain and I got lunch out of it too because I couldn't eat it all.  We also had falafel; which was excellent.  I am not a fan of hummus or chickpeas and was very surprised to find that falafel contains this item.  I am now a fan of falafel but still not a fan of hummas.

Once dinner was completed and a brisk walk back to the hotel.  I was done for the day.  With the final call to prayer floating through my window I drifted off to sleep.


1 comment:

  1. HI Sherry,

    I was looking for a way to message you privately but I couldn't find it. I am a Canadian teacher looking to work in UAE. I was wondering if we can talk further about details, how it is working for ADEC as I'm getting mixed reviews. Thank you. ps ur pics are great!!

    ReplyDelete