Saturday, March 3, 2012

My Monday Adventure to the Marina Mall!

Monday, February 27, 2012

The Marina Mall is the most elite Mall in Abu Dhabi.  From the outside it has the design of three Bedowin tents.  It contains all the designer stores like Gucci, Tommy Hilfiger, Juicy Couture, and lots of gold and diamonds.










There is even a Ferrari Store.  Sometime I hope to get to Dubai to see the Ferrari Factory.







In this Mall there is an ice skating rink.  For 40 dirhams (about $12.00), the kids can skate for an hour.  Situated around the rink are coffee shops and restaurants.  So I settled into a French cappacino and a couple of chocolate crepes and watched the children skate.  It was really relazing and the kids were cute out on the small rink.







I sat for quite awhile reading my kindle and ejoying my cappacino.  The crepes were delicious but gone way to soon.  Then I could stop chuckling, when all of the sudden this mini zamboni came out onto the ice.  I was hysterical.  This little oriental man on his tiny zamboni.  It was the best laugh I had since I got here.





This same Mall also has an amusement park with rides and carnival games.  Alicia's children got lost in it for hours.  There were racing games and skee ball and a small roller coaster.  It was a child's dream and Bianca and D had a great time.




There is a wonderful fountain in the center of the mall.  The water is somewhat timed to the music.  A lot of people stopped and watched as I did.






It was also the first time I was able to take some candid shots of people.  You cannot just take random people shots here in the UAE.  The emirate men and women have to consent to have their picture taken.  With the men it is not generally a problem but many of the women want to insure the their faces are covered when photographed.  Below are a few pictures I was able to got.


No comments:

Post a Comment